Harry Kane: There are no ‘bad eggs’ in Spurs squad
Harry Kane has stressed the importance of the atmosphere, culture and unity in Tottenham’s squad and says there are no “bad eggs” in the dressing room.
Spurs finished fifth in the Premier League last season, six points outside the top four, but they currently sit second – five points off the top.
Asked for the secret behind the Lilywhites’ improvement, Kane said: “It’s another year with the manager, building his philosophy. We had a good pre-season and we’ve got a good bunch of lads.
“Everyone in this group works hard and is working towards the same thing. Even the players who don’t play are still working hard in training and doing all the right things to try to get into the team, and that’s important.
“If you have one or two bad eggs it can bring others down and we don’t have that. Everyone is fighting for each other and we are in a lot of competitions so they know they are going to get to play games and try to impress the manager. We’ve got to try to keep that belief high.
“I think there are some pretty good players in this squad. But everyone’s together, there’s no-one who doesn’t want to train or tries to take it easy, because none of the players would let him do that.
“Everyone speaks up and tells each other what needs to be done to reach the top, and that’s why we’ve got a great team. Everyone is chipping in and that’s all we can ask for.”
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs