Harry Kane: There are no ‘bad eggs’ in Spurs squad
Harry Kane has stressed the importance of the atmosphere, culture and unity in Tottenham’s squad and says there are no “bad eggs” in the dressing room.
Spurs finished fifth in the Premier League last season, six points outside the top four, but they currently sit second – five points off the top.
Asked for the secret behind the Lilywhites’ improvement, Kane said: “It’s another year with the manager, building his philosophy. We had a good pre-season and we’ve got a good bunch of lads.
“Everyone in this group works hard and is working towards the same thing. Even the players who don’t play are still working hard in training and doing all the right things to try to get into the team, and that’s important.
“If you have one or two bad eggs it can bring others down and we don’t have that. Everyone is fighting for each other and we are in a lot of competitions so they know they are going to get to play games and try to impress the manager. We’ve got to try to keep that belief high.
You may also want to watch:
“I think there are some pretty good players in this squad. But everyone’s together, there’s no-one who doesn’t want to train or tries to take it easy, because none of the players would let him do that.
“Everyone speaks up and tells each other what needs to be done to reach the top, and that’s why we’ve got a great team. Everyone is chipping in and that’s all we can ask for.”
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs