Harry Winks latest Spurs player to extend current contract with new deal keeping him at club until summer of 2023
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The talented young midfielder has struggled with injuries in 2018, but will hope to return for pre-season fighting fit
Harry Winks has become the latest first-team player to sign a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur after the conclusion of the 2017/18 season.
The young midfielder has agreed to extend his current deal at Spurs until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.
Winks has endured a mixed 12 months, but his potential is undeniable, which is reflected in the fact he made his full England debut in October 2017.
After making a breakthrough during the 2016/17 season, the 22-year-old has struggled with injuries during the past campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He began the term strongly and played a staring role during Tottenham’s 3-1 win at home to Real Madrid in the Champions League on November 1.
An injury a couple of days later during a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace was the start of a frustrating second half to the season for Winks.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The Hemel Hempstead youngster has only played three times in 2018, but will hope to bounce back next season after recovering from his troublesome ankle injury.
With Mousa Dembele potentially leaving Spurs this summer, Winks will aim to be fully fit for pre-season so he can stake a regular spot in Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team.