Head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso was recovered in Regent’s Canal
A human head has been found in Regent’s Canal near to where dismembered body parts of killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were recovered.
Scotland Yard have confirmed that a human head was found by a member of the public yesterday near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
It comes more than six months after the headless and limbless body of Ms McCluskie were discovered in the same stretch of water.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 1.15pm yesterday to a body part found in Regent’s Canal near Kingsland Road.
“Officers attended the scene and established that the body part was a human head and enquiries are ongoing.”
He said police were not prepared to speculate whether the head was that belonging to Ms McCluskie.
The 29-year-old actress went missing earlier in the year from her home in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, which she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
Tony McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of the murder of his sister on November 12.