Head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso was recovered in Regent’s Canal
A human head has been found in Regent’s Canal near to where dismembered body parts of killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were recovered.
Scotland Yard have confirmed that a human head was found by a member of the public yesterday near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
It comes more than six months after the headless and limbless body of Ms McCluskie were discovered in the same stretch of water.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 1.15pm yesterday to a body part found in Regent’s Canal near Kingsland Road.
“Officers attended the scene and established that the body part was a human head and enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
He said police were not prepared to speculate whether the head was that belonging to Ms McCluskie.
The 29-year-old actress went missing earlier in the year from her home in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, which she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Tony McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of the murder of his sister on November 12.