Head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso was recovered in Regent’s Canal
A human head has been found in Regent’s Canal near to where dismembered body parts of killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were recovered.
Scotland Yard have confirmed that a human head was found by a member of the public yesterday near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
It comes more than six months after the headless and limbless body of Ms McCluskie were discovered in the same stretch of water.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 1.15pm yesterday to a body part found in Regent’s Canal near Kingsland Road.
“Officers attended the scene and established that the body part was a human head and enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
He said police were not prepared to speculate whether the head was that belonging to Ms McCluskie.
The 29-year-old actress went missing earlier in the year from her home in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, which she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Tony McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of the murder of his sister on November 12.