Head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso was recovered in Regent’s Canal
A human head has been found in Regent’s Canal near to where dismembered body parts of killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were recovered.
Scotland Yard have confirmed that a human head was found by a member of the public yesterday near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
It comes more than six months after the headless and limbless body of Ms McCluskie were discovered in the same stretch of water.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 1.15pm yesterday to a body part found in Regent’s Canal near Kingsland Road.
“Officers attended the scene and established that the body part was a human head and enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
He said police were not prepared to speculate whether the head was that belonging to Ms McCluskie.
The 29-year-old actress went missing earlier in the year from her home in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, which she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
Tony McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of the murder of his sister on November 12.