Head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso was recovered in Regent’s Canal
A human head has been found in Regent’s Canal near to where dismembered body parts of killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were recovered.
Scotland Yard have confirmed that a human head was found by a member of the public yesterday near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
It comes more than six months after the headless and limbless body of Ms McCluskie were discovered in the same stretch of water.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 1.15pm yesterday to a body part found in Regent’s Canal near Kingsland Road.
“Officers attended the scene and established that the body part was a human head and enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
He said police were not prepared to speculate whether the head was that belonging to Ms McCluskie.
The 29-year-old actress went missing earlier in the year from her home in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, which she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
Tony McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of the murder of his sister on November 12.