Barbara Windsor to open Hackney hospice’s Xmas bazaar
Ex-EastEnders star at St Joseph’s fundraiser
Former EastEnders actress and “Carry On” star, Barbara Windsor, is set to re-establish her links with Hackney’s St Joseph’s Hospice when she officially opens its annual Christmas bazaar next Saturday afternoon (November 20).
It will be a Hackney homecoming for Babs who was born in Shoreditch and attended Our Lady of St Joseph’s School in Stamford Hill before achieving showbiz success.
The 73-year-old who quit her role as landlady of the Queen Vic in the TV soap earlier this year will open the fundraising event at the hospice in Mare Street which cares for people with terminal illness.
Barbara is a long-term supporter of the hospice having opened its summer fete in the past.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “ I have had an association with St Joseph’s for many years
and it is my privilege to attend and see everyone at the Christmas bazzar this year.”
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch
Among the attractions will be clothing, shoe, bag. and bric-a-brac stalls, plus tombola, food, a Santa’s grotto, complementary threapies including massages and acupuncture, as well as musical entertainment from the Nostalgia Steel Band and Music for People.
The bazaar kicks off at noon and runs until 3pm.