Barbara Windsor to open Hackney hospice’s Xmas bazaar
Ex-EastEnders star at St Joseph’s fundraiser
Former EastEnders actress and “Carry On” star, Barbara Windsor, is set to re-establish her links with Hackney’s St Joseph’s Hospice when she officially opens its annual Christmas bazaar next Saturday afternoon (November 20).
It will be a Hackney homecoming for Babs who was born in Shoreditch and attended Our Lady of St Joseph’s School in Stamford Hill before achieving showbiz success.
The 73-year-old who quit her role as landlady of the Queen Vic in the TV soap earlier this year will open the fundraising event at the hospice in Mare Street which cares for people with terminal illness.
Barbara is a long-term supporter of the hospice having opened its summer fete in the past.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “ I have had an association with St Joseph’s for many years
and it is my privilege to attend and see everyone at the Christmas bazzar this year.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Among the attractions will be clothing, shoe, bag. and bric-a-brac stalls, plus tombola, food, a Santa’s grotto, complementary threapies including massages and acupuncture, as well as musical entertainment from the Nostalgia Steel Band and Music for People.
The bazaar kicks off at noon and runs until 3pm.