Black cab co-operative Taxiapp UK offers free Christmas rides to Homerton Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A London black cab co-operative is offering free rides to Homerton Hospital over Christmas, to support families with loved ones who are ill.
Taxiapp UK will be laying on the free trips on Wednesday afternoon.
Sean Paul Day, founding member of the not-for-profit group, which is owned directly by the drivers themselves, said: “We understand Christmas can be challenging for all those with loved ones in hospital so TAXIAPP want to offer as much support as we can for those travelling to visit family members.
“Our goal is to make transport accessible for all.”
Taxiapp accepts all kinds of passengers, from wheelchair users to those travelling with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up and drop-off details.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing