Black cab co-operative Taxiapp UK offers free Christmas rides to Homerton Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A London black cab co-operative is offering free rides to Homerton Hospital over Christmas, to support families with loved ones who are ill.
Taxiapp UK will be laying on the free trips on Wednesday afternoon.
Sean Paul Day, founding member of the not-for-profit group, which is owned directly by the drivers themselves, said: “We understand Christmas can be challenging for all those with loved ones in hospital so TAXIAPP want to offer as much support as we can for those travelling to visit family members.
“Our goal is to make transport accessible for all.”
Taxiapp accepts all kinds of passengers, from wheelchair users to those travelling with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com to arrange pick-up and drop-off details.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers