Booking essential for St Joseph’s Carers Week events in Hackney
St Joseph’s Hospice is holding two events for carers next week to give them some respite from their job supporting loved ones.
On Tuesday June 19 from noon to 4pm there will be a pampering afternoon of complementary therapies at the hospice in Mare Street.
Then on Friday June 22 from 6pm to 9.30pm a world foods and musical evening will allow people to sample global foods and enjoy musical performances.
Rachael Yearwood, Macmillan information specialist at St Joseph’s Hospice, said: “Carers do an extraordinary job looking after and supporting loved ones.
“Many feel isolated, undervalued and trapped. These events provide them with the opportunity for some respite from their caring duties as well as a chance to meet other people in a similar situation.”
You may also want to watch:
The events tie in with the theme of this year’s Carers Week, In Sickness and in Health.
Booking before Friday June 15 is essential, for more details and to book phone 020 8525 or email email@example.com
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse