Booking essential for St Joseph’s Carers Week events in Hackney
St Joseph’s Hospice is holding two events for carers next week to give them some respite from their job supporting loved ones.
On Tuesday June 19 from noon to 4pm there will be a pampering afternoon of complementary therapies at the hospice in Mare Street.
Then on Friday June 22 from 6pm to 9.30pm a world foods and musical evening will allow people to sample global foods and enjoy musical performances.
Rachael Yearwood, Macmillan information specialist at St Joseph’s Hospice, said: “Carers do an extraordinary job looking after and supporting loved ones.
“Many feel isolated, undervalued and trapped. These events provide them with the opportunity for some respite from their caring duties as well as a chance to meet other people in a similar situation.”
You may also want to watch:
The events tie in with the theme of this year’s Carers Week, In Sickness and in Health.
Booking before Friday June 15 is essential, for more details and to book phone 020 8525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction