Booking essential for St Joseph’s Carers Week events in Hackney
St Joseph’s Hospice is holding two events for carers next week to give them some respite from their job supporting loved ones.
On Tuesday June 19 from noon to 4pm there will be a pampering afternoon of complementary therapies at the hospice in Mare Street.
Then on Friday June 22 from 6pm to 9.30pm a world foods and musical evening will allow people to sample global foods and enjoy musical performances.
Rachael Yearwood, Macmillan information specialist at St Joseph’s Hospice, said: “Carers do an extraordinary job looking after and supporting loved ones.
“Many feel isolated, undervalued and trapped. These events provide them with the opportunity for some respite from their caring duties as well as a chance to meet other people in a similar situation.”
You may also want to watch:
The events tie in with the theme of this year’s Carers Week, In Sickness and in Health.
Booking before Friday June 15 is essential, for more details and to book phone 020 8525 or email email@example.com
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex