City of London Sinfonia Orchestra to perform at St Joseph’s Hospice Care Week
Concert and photography exhibition highlights of Hospice Care Week at St Joseph’s
A concert by one of the UK’s best chamber orchestras is the highlight of Hospice Care Week at St Joseph’s Hospice in Hackney.
Visitors to St Joseph’s on Mare Street during Hospice Care Week next week (8-14 October) can enjoy classical favourites and songs from the shows when the City of London Sinfonia perform live in the hospice’s community engagement hub, Finding Space.
Sarah Burnard, interim manager of Finding Space, St Joseph’s community engagement hub, says the week is a chance for people to see the hospice as more than just a building: “St Joseph’s, like hospices across the country, provides so many more services than many people realise.
“Hospice Care Week is a chance for the public to come along, be surprised by what we have to offer and celebrate their connection to the hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can also attend an introduction to making a will, as well as receive useful advice for planning for the loss of mental capacity.
For more information and to book places call 020 8525 6046
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
Tuesday October 11: 1.45pm - 2.45pm: City of London Sinfonia concert
Thursday October 11: 10am-12pm: Why Wills Matter – An Introduction to Making a Will. Solicitor Emma Rowe passes on advice and information on why to make a will and what to think about when doing it.
Thursday October 11: 2pm-4.45pm: Lasting Power of Attorney – Carol Ackroyd
Friday October 12: 11am -12.30pm: Finding Space Club Live music and a quiz
Friday October 12: 2pm-5pm: Open Event – A tour of St Joseph’s and information about the services on offer as well as an introduction to volunteering at the hospice.