Coronavirus: 13 people test positive for Covid-19 in City and Hackney
- Credit: PA
There are now 13 people who have tested positive for coronavirus in City and Hackney as of 9am yesterday, according to Public Health England.
Only people who have been admitted to hospital are now being tested, so the true figure of people who are infected with Covid-19 is likely to be much higher.
Five days ago there were four confirmed cases in City and Hackney, which share a health authority.
The total in Camden is now 22, while there are 20 in Brent, 11 in Haringey and four in Islington.
In the UK there have been 1,391 positive cases and 35 deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Health secretary Matt Hancock said yesterday that people aged over 70 will be asked in the coming weeks to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus.
He said coronavirus is “a very significant challenge” that will “disrupt the lives of almost everybody” in the UK.
- 1 Man's face lacerated in Lower Clapton stabbing
- 2 Hackney 'rising star' nominated for BAFTA
- 3 Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- 4 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 5 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 6 Hackney runner marking eight years since losing his dad to Prostate Cancer with charity run
- 7 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 8 Speaker sets up walk to support Hackney Foodbank after demand surges
- 9 'So many characters': Lockdown portraits on display
- 10 Facebook bans breastfeeding campaign ads starring Hackney mum
People have been advised to stay at home for seven days if they have a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
For NHS guidance on dealing with the virus, see here.
Join our coronavirus updates Facebook group for the latest news from across north London.
Have you tested positive for coronavirus? Are you suffering from symptoms associated with the virus? Contact Emma at the Gazette newsdesk on Emma.Bartholomew@archant.co.uk