Coronavirus: 13 people test positive for Covid-19 in City and Hackney
- Credit: PA
There are now 13 people who have tested positive for coronavirus in City and Hackney as of 9am yesterday, according to Public Health England.
Only people who have been admitted to hospital are now being tested, so the true figure of people who are infected with Covid-19 is likely to be much higher.
Five days ago there were four confirmed cases in City and Hackney, which share a health authority.
The total in Camden is now 22, while there are 20 in Brent, 11 in Haringey and four in Islington.
In the UK there have been 1,391 positive cases and 35 deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Health secretary Matt Hancock said yesterday that people aged over 70 will be asked in the coming weeks to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus.
He said coronavirus is “a very significant challenge” that will “disrupt the lives of almost everybody” in the UK.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
People have been advised to stay at home for seven days if they have a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
For NHS guidance on dealing with the virus, see here.
Join our coronavirus updates Facebook group for the latest news from across north London.
Have you tested positive for coronavirus? Are you suffering from symptoms associated with the virus? Contact Emma at the Gazette newsdesk on Emma.Bartholomew@archant.co.uk