Coronavirus: 13 people test positive for Covid-19 in City and Hackney
- Credit: PA
There are now 13 people who have tested positive for coronavirus in City and Hackney as of 9am yesterday, according to Public Health England.
Only people who have been admitted to hospital are now being tested, so the true figure of people who are infected with Covid-19 is likely to be much higher.
Five days ago there were four confirmed cases in City and Hackney, which share a health authority.
The total in Camden is now 22, while there are 20 in Brent, 11 in Haringey and four in Islington.
In the UK there have been 1,391 positive cases and 35 deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Health secretary Matt Hancock said yesterday that people aged over 70 will be asked in the coming weeks to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus.
He said coronavirus is “a very significant challenge” that will “disrupt the lives of almost everybody” in the UK.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 7 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 8 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
People have been advised to stay at home for seven days if they have a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
For NHS guidance on dealing with the virus, see here.
Join our coronavirus updates Facebook group for the latest news from across north London.
Have you tested positive for coronavirus? Are you suffering from symptoms associated with the virus? Contact Emma at the Gazette newsdesk on Emma.Bartholomew@archant.co.uk