Covid-19 mobile test centre in Hackney now available to eligible residents
- Credit: Hackney Council
A mobile test centre for Covid-19 is now available for all those who fit certain eligibility criteria such as symptomatic people who are key workers and can’t do their work from home - like shop workers and delivery drivers.
The criteria also includes people over 65 as well as members of their households.
Mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville said: “This testing facility is, for the first time in an accessible location, and will enable our key workers to get the reassurance of a test and help older people get the support they need.
If you are over 65 or are one of the key workers listed on the Government website and are showing symptoms of coronavirus then please register through the website, book a test and get tested.”
The site is located in Dalston and tests will be taking place between 10.30am - 3.30pm this Friday May 1 and on Saturday May 2.
You may also want to watch:
The Council is working closely with the armed forces who are running the pop-up test centre to minimise disruption to local residents.
“Though we are not running the test centres ourselves we are proud to be supporting our military and partners in the health service to help them carry out this vital work in Hackney,” The Mayor said.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
Arranging for a test must be done via appointment via the self-referral portal. The mobile test centre will be operational for both pedestrian access as well as drive through access.
To find out if you are eligible for a test click here
Arranging for a test must be done via appointment through the government’s self-referral portal. Click here to access the portal
The government has created a guide to using the self-referral booking system which you can read through here.
The mobile test centre will be operational for both pedestrian access as well as drive through access
Please note: that the booking form is currently reflecting the requirements of the regional test centres. Testing is now open to those fit the updated government eligibility criteria and at mobile test centres pedestrian access is allowed. When registering, type in WALKING when it asks for your vehicle registration if you will be attending on foot.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.