Four arrested after Hackney New Year’s Eve shoot-out
Four men have been arrested in connection with a shoot-out near Hackney Downs on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road.
A man with a gunshot wound was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
A second man, who also had a gunshot wound, was found by officers in a vehicle near the scene and was also taken to hospital.
Both men were said to be in a stable condition yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Trident Gang Crime Command, a branch of the Metropolitan police which tackles gang violence and investigates shootings, is investigating the incident.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"