Four arrested after Hackney New Year’s Eve shoot-out
Four men have been arrested in connection with a shoot-out near Hackney Downs on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road.
A man with a gunshot wound was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
A second man, who also had a gunshot wound, was found by officers in a vehicle near the scene and was also taken to hospital.
Both men were said to be in a stable condition yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Trident Gang Crime Command, a branch of the Metropolitan police which tackles gang violence and investigates shootings, is investigating the incident.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic