Four arrested after Hackney New Year’s Eve shoot-out
Four men have been arrested in connection with a shoot-out near Hackney Downs on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road.
A man with a gunshot wound was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
A second man, who also had a gunshot wound, was found by officers in a vehicle near the scene and was also taken to hospital.
Both men were said to be in a stable condition yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Trident Gang Crime Command, a branch of the Metropolitan police which tackles gang violence and investigates shootings, is investigating the incident.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images