Free capoiera classes to launch at South Hackney’s Morningside Community Centre
- Credit: Sanctuary Housing
Free capoeira martial arts sessions are on offer at the Morningside Community Centre.
Classes take place every Monday at the hall in Cresset Road, South Hackney, from 6pm to 7pm for children, and then from 7pm to 8pm for ages 16 years and over.
Capoeira is a Brazilian-style discipline which includes elements of martial arts, dance, social sports and theatre.
Funding for the classes, which will be taught by Angola Palmares, has come from Sanctuary Housing, Hackney Marsh Partnership and Hackney Council.
Sanctuary’s neighbourhood partnerships manager, Toby Moore, said: “The training underlines our objective of supporting residents to lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Capoeira can give a boost to both physical and mental wellbeing, and I would encourage all of the community to engage in the sport.”
There is no need to book. For more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition