Free capoiera classes to launch at South Hackney’s Morningside Community Centre
- Credit: Sanctuary Housing
Free capoeira martial arts sessions are on offer at the Morningside Community Centre.
Classes take place every Monday at the hall in Cresset Road, South Hackney, from 6pm to 7pm for children, and then from 7pm to 8pm for ages 16 years and over.
Capoeira is a Brazilian-style discipline which includes elements of martial arts, dance, social sports and theatre.
Funding for the classes, which will be taught by Angola Palmares, has come from Sanctuary Housing, Hackney Marsh Partnership and Hackney Council.
Sanctuary’s neighbourhood partnerships manager, Toby Moore, said: “The training underlines our objective of supporting residents to lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Capoeira can give a boost to both physical and mental wellbeing, and I would encourage all of the community to engage in the sport.”
There is no need to book. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers