Free capoiera classes to launch at South Hackney’s Morningside Community Centre
- Credit: Sanctuary Housing
Free capoeira martial arts sessions are on offer at the Morningside Community Centre.
Classes take place every Monday at the hall in Cresset Road, South Hackney, from 6pm to 7pm for children, and then from 7pm to 8pm for ages 16 years and over.
Capoeira is a Brazilian-style discipline which includes elements of martial arts, dance, social sports and theatre.
Funding for the classes, which will be taught by Angola Palmares, has come from Sanctuary Housing, Hackney Marsh Partnership and Hackney Council.
Sanctuary’s neighbourhood partnerships manager, Toby Moore, said: “The training underlines our objective of supporting residents to lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Capoeira can give a boost to both physical and mental wellbeing, and I would encourage all of the community to engage in the sport.”
There is no need to book. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets