GoodGym runners to help Stoke Newington organic urban farm
An innovative keep fit group - which combines exercise with doing something good in the community – will focus its efforts on shifting 15 tonnes compost at an urban farm in Stoke Newington next week.
GoodGym was conceived five years ago to make sure running to keep fit is not a wasted opportunity, while the charitable element offers motivation for struggling runners.
There are now groups in Hackney, as well as Camden, Tower Hamlets, Lambeth, Liverpool and Bristol.
Hackney’s branch meets at London Fields every Tuesday, and next week runners will make a 5km round trip to Kynaston Patchwork Farmers, an urban farm off Stoke Newington High Street, which grows and supplies affordable organic veg for the community.
GoodGym members meet at Coffee Is My Cup of Tea in Mentmore Terrace every Tuesday at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
To register to take part email email@example.com.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust