Hackney photographer’s call for for day-old babies
A photographer is searching for mothers and their day old babies who would want to be captured on camera for her project, One Day Young
Jenny Lewis, who lives in Queensbridge Road, hopes to eventually create a book and host an exhibition.
“What I am capturing is the strength and wonder, the pure energy and excitement of bonding with the baby they have just met,” said Jenny.
“This is about the positive side of birth rather than the sensationalised One Born Every Minute vibe,” she added, referring to the emotionally-charged TV documentary set in a maternity ward.
Jenny prefers to take the portraits in the mothers’ homes so they are as personal as possible and will in return give free access to all photos taken in the session which should last around half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
All of the subjects live in Hackney, to view the project so far go to: http://www.jennylewis.net. and to put yourself forward email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London