Hackney photographer’s call for for day-old babies
A photographer is searching for mothers and their day old babies who would want to be captured on camera for her project, One Day Young
Jenny Lewis, who lives in Queensbridge Road, hopes to eventually create a book and host an exhibition.
“What I am capturing is the strength and wonder, the pure energy and excitement of bonding with the baby they have just met,” said Jenny.
“This is about the positive side of birth rather than the sensationalised One Born Every Minute vibe,” she added, referring to the emotionally-charged TV documentary set in a maternity ward.
Jenny prefers to take the portraits in the mothers’ homes so they are as personal as possible and will in return give free access to all photos taken in the session which should last around half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
All of the subjects live in Hackney, to view the project so far go to: http://www.jennylewis.net. and to put yourself forward email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs