Hackney photographer’s call for for day-old babies
A photographer is searching for mothers and their day old babies who would want to be captured on camera for her project, One Day Young
Jenny Lewis, who lives in Queensbridge Road, hopes to eventually create a book and host an exhibition.
“What I am capturing is the strength and wonder, the pure energy and excitement of bonding with the baby they have just met,” said Jenny.
“This is about the positive side of birth rather than the sensationalised One Born Every Minute vibe,” she added, referring to the emotionally-charged TV documentary set in a maternity ward.
Jenny prefers to take the portraits in the mothers’ homes so they are as personal as possible and will in return give free access to all photos taken in the session which should last around half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
All of the subjects live in Hackney, to view the project so far go to: http://www.jennylewis.net. and to put yourself forward email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse