Tenants’ group’s coronavirus fund to help affected neighbours
- Credit: Archant
A residents’ group on a Hackney estate is using its own funds to support vulnerable people affected by coronavirus.
The Aspland, Marcon and Lushington Tenants’ and Residents’ Association (TRA) are asking people in their community to get in touch with them if they need food or supplies.
Chair Tskenya Frazer told the Gazette: “We have set TRA funds that we have raised throughout the years through renting the hall and fundraising for the community.
“We will be dipping into that to support those who need it. We thought long and hard about a GoFundMe but thought why not start the support from home first and see how demand goes - I mean, we have more than enough to help those who need it!
“I am a true believer in community and collectivism. I am blessed to have the support of a TRA who feels the same. I believe the community should always step in when the government won’t or when times are hard, as that is how we all thrive and survive at the end of the day! We are lucky to live in a neighbourhood where we all know each other and support one another.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who needs support can call the TRA on 0203 488 2750 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car