Tenants’ group’s coronavirus fund to help affected neighbours
- Credit: Archant
A residents’ group on a Hackney estate is using its own funds to support vulnerable people affected by coronavirus.
The Aspland, Marcon and Lushington Tenants’ and Residents’ Association (TRA) are asking people in their community to get in touch with them if they need food or supplies.
Chair Tskenya Frazer told the Gazette: “We have set TRA funds that we have raised throughout the years through renting the hall and fundraising for the community.
“We will be dipping into that to support those who need it. We thought long and hard about a GoFundMe but thought why not start the support from home first and see how demand goes - I mean, we have more than enough to help those who need it!
“I am a true believer in community and collectivism. I am blessed to have the support of a TRA who feels the same. I believe the community should always step in when the government won’t or when times are hard, as that is how we all thrive and survive at the end of the day! We are lucky to live in a neighbourhood where we all know each other and support one another.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who needs support can call the TRA on 0203 488 2750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12