Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
- Credit: Hackney Council
More than 20 walk-in clinics in Hackney are offering the Pfizer vaccine to anyone aged 18 or over in need of their first dose, or those who need a second dose.
Community groups and volunteers are supporting the NHS-run clinics to ensure people from all backgrounds can access the vaccination.
Sandra Husbands, Director of Public Health for Hackney borough said: "More than 44 million people across the UK have already safely received their vaccines.
"With these local events we want to make sure that all our Hackney residents are kept safe through vaccination and we can get on the way to getting out of lockdown.
"We are working with community groups to ensure you can get the vaccine locally, by simply walking up on the day.”
Almost 140,000 residents have now had their first dose in Hackney, though the borough has some of the lowest vaccination rates in the country due to multiple factors including its young population, high levels of deprivation and ethnically diverse population.
You may also want to watch:
The council's public health lead Cllr Chris Kennedy added: “Get jabbed to keep safe from Covid-19.
"Getting the vaccine protects not only yourself but your loved ones and the community around you. You don’t even need to be registered with a GP to get vaccinated."
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
Anyone getting the second jab must leave at least eight weeks between doses.
To guarantee an appointment people can ring 0208 356 3111 during office hours, however walk-ins are available at these sites and times:
- St Leonard’s Hospital, Hoxton, N1 5LZ - Thursday (July 1) at 10am-3pm
- Pembury Community Centre Atkins Square, E8 1FA – Saturday (July 3) at 12-4pm and Sunday (July 4) at 12-4pm
- Halkevi Community Centre Dalston Lane, E8 3DF – Wednesday (July 7) at 10.30am-2.30pm
- Hindle House Community Centre Arcola Street, E8 2DZ – Saturday (July 10) at 12-4pm
- Hackney Town Hall Mare Street, E8 1EA - Saturday and Sunday (July 10 and 11) at 9am-7pm
- Ridley Road Market Ridley Road, E8 2NH – Wednesday (July 14) at 10am-2pm
- St Thomas More Church, 9 Henry Road, N4 2LH – Friday July 16, 10am-2pm and Tuesday (July 20) at 10am-2pm
- Woodberry Down , N4 1SN – Wednesday (July 21) at 10am-2pm
- Clissold Park House, Church Street, N16 9HJ – Saturday (July 24) at 11am-3pm
- The Ark Suite, Cricketfield Road, E5 8NS – Monday (July 26) at 11am-3pm
Alongside these community-based clinics, Hackney’s two vaccination centres at Bocking Street in Hackney Central and John Scott on Green Lanes are also running walk-in clinics for both first and second doses of Pfizer as well as a clinic for AstraZeneca on July 4 and 11.
Bocking Street Vaccination Clinic
Wednesday June 30 at 9am – 1pm
Thursday July 1 at 9am – 7pm
Friday July 2 at 9am – 7pm
John Scott Vaccination Clinic
Tuesday June 29 at 9am – 6pm
Wednesday June 30 at 9am -8pm
Thursday July 1 at 9am – 8pm
Friday July 2 at 9am – 1pm
Saturday July 3 at 9am – 1pm
Sunday July 4 (AstraZeneca only) walk-in 9am -5pm
Sunday July 11 (AstraZeneca only) 9am-5pm
The vaccination events are in partnership with the NHS, Hackney Council, Volunteer Centre Hackney, Hackney CVS, African Development and Advocacy Centre - AFRIDAC, Coffee Afrik, Bangla Housing, Community African Network, Hackney Chinese Community Association, Halkevi Community Centre, Hawa Trust, Irish Elderly Advice Network, Kanlungan, Round Chapel Old School Rooms, Shomrim, Turkish Cypriot Community Association and Uprising Community Club.
Find out more at www.hackney.gov.uk/coronavirus-vaccine