HEALTH CRISIS LOOMS
FOR the second year running, Hackney residents have been warned to change their unhealthy lifestyles, or risk becoming the sickest people in the country...
FOR the second year running, Hackney residents have been warned to change their unhealthy lifestyles, or risk becoming the sickest people in the country.
Smoking, fast food diets, and lack of exercise are set to cause alarming levels of illness and put strain on local health authorities in future years.
The Health of the Nation report released last week ranked Hackney as the third worst borough in the country with severely unhealthy lifestyles likely to lead to serious health problems in the future.
Neighbouring Tower Hamlets topped the list, followed by the south London borough of Southwark.
You may also want to watch:
The worst places in the country for health remain old industrial and mining centres, such as Easington and Co Durham, but the report warned Hackney would soon catch up if current unhealthy lifestyles are left unchecked.
FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE AVAILABLE NOW.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate