HEALTH CRISIS LOOMS
FOR the second year running, Hackney residents have been warned to change their unhealthy lifestyles, or risk becoming the sickest people in the country...
FOR the second year running, Hackney residents have been warned to change their unhealthy lifestyles, or risk becoming the sickest people in the country.
Smoking, fast food diets, and lack of exercise are set to cause alarming levels of illness and put strain on local health authorities in future years.
The Health of the Nation report released last week ranked Hackney as the third worst borough in the country with severely unhealthy lifestyles likely to lead to serious health problems in the future.
Neighbouring Tower Hamlets topped the list, followed by the south London borough of Southwark.
You may also want to watch:
The worst places in the country for health remain old industrial and mining centres, such as Easington and Co Durham, but the report warned Hackney would soon catch up if current unhealthy lifestyles are left unchecked.
FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S GAZETTE AVAILABLE NOW.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs