Homerton Hospital anaesthetists are first to be re-accredited under national excellence scheme
- Credit: Archant
Anaesthetists at Homerton University Hospital became the first in the country to receive re-accreditation for a prestigious industry scheme.
The department was the first to get the initial Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) from the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCOA) in 2014 and has now got it again.
The scheme promotes the highest standards of service and to be recognised the department must demonstrate excellent patient experience, safety and clinical leadership.
Dr Sade Okutubo, consultant anaesthetist at the Homerton foundation trust, said: “The journey to re-accreditation though challenging and sometimes daunting, remains immensely satisfying. We are privileged to be part of a united, enthusiastic, ever evolving anaesthetic department, always achieving together.”
Professor Ravi Mahajan, president of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, said: “I am delighted to see the first NHS hospital to receive ACSA accreditation is also the first to be re-accredited.
You may also want to watch:
“Achieving accreditation in the first place is a great accomplishment and it is very impressive to see the commitment and approach of the whole department to maintaining their standards and being re-accredited.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club