Homerton Hospital service shortlisted for national Patient Safety Awards
- Credit: Archant
A Homerton Hospital nurse-led service has been shortlisted for this year’s Health Service Journal (HSJ) Patient Safety Awards.
Homerton Hospital was “delighted” to announce that The Primary Care MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assesment Conference) Liason Service (MLS) was short listed for the NHS Safeguarding initiative category.
The service faced tough competition from hundreds of applicants.
Jessica Woods the Primary Care MARAC Liaison Nurse said: “This nomination has been a tremendous boost to safeguarding colleagues and we are sure it will bolster our continued efforts to improve our services locally.”
MLS was developed and piloted in 2015 with Hackney’s Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Hackney Public Health and the Homerton Safeguarding Children Team to deliver improved outcomes for victims of domestic abuse.
You may also want to watch:
It’s aim is to ensure information about victims of domestic abuse is sought, retrieved and presented to risk assessment agencies and resulting safety plans shared with GPs.
Winners will be selected at virtual awards ceremony in November.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
The news comes as the hospital begins slowly easing visitor restrictions.
Since the Covid-19 lockdown began at end of March, the hospital was closed to all visitors with only a few exceptions.
But now, it is able to lift some of these restrictions as wards begin to reopen.
For more information on the easing of visitor restrictions visit www.homerton.nhs.uk/coronavirus-updates