Coronavirus: Hospitalised cases in City and Hackney reach 177
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The number of people hospitalised with coronavirus in City and Hackney stood at 177 as of 9am on Sunday, according to Public Health England (PHE).
The figure has risen by 50 per cent since Thursday, when 119 people were confirmed to have the illness in the two districts which share a health authority.
Elsewhere, 141 cases have been confirmed in Haringey and 141 have people tested positive in Islington.
But the actual number of cases is far higher due to the limited amount of tests being carried out.
In total, 19,522 people in the UK have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
You may also want to watch:
As of 5pm on Saturday, 1,228 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus have died.
The death toll too, is likely to be higher, as it does not include people who have died at home without having been tested for the virus. At least 135 people have recovered from Covid-19 in the UK.
Click here to join the discussion in our coronavirus Facebook group.
Click here for a directory of agencies that are helping people during the pandemic.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search