Coronavirus: Hospitalised cases in City and Hackney reach 177
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The number of people hospitalised with coronavirus in City and Hackney stood at 177 as of 9am on Sunday, according to Public Health England (PHE).
The figure has risen by 50 per cent since Thursday, when 119 people were confirmed to have the illness in the two districts which share a health authority.
Elsewhere, 141 cases have been confirmed in Haringey and 141 have people tested positive in Islington.
But the actual number of cases is far higher due to the limited amount of tests being carried out.
In total, 19,522 people in the UK have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
You may also want to watch:
As of 5pm on Saturday, 1,228 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus have died.
The death toll too, is likely to be higher, as it does not include people who have died at home without having been tested for the virus. At least 135 people have recovered from Covid-19 in the UK.
Click here to join the discussion in our coronavirus Facebook group.
Click here for a directory of agencies that are helping people during the pandemic.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers