Join Britain’s Got Talent stars Loveable Rogues for flashmob karaoke session outside St John at Hackney church today
Hackney residents have the chance to sing their heart out this afternoon (November 20) when a ‘KaraUke flashmob’ appear on the steps of St John at Hackney church.
Join Britain’s Got Talent’ stars Loveable Rogues and local disability groups for 30 minutes of karaoke featuring ukulele guitars from 4.45pm to 5.15pm.
The event has been organised by learning disability charity Mencap to promote its series of fund-raising concerts, the Little Noise Sessions, at the church between 19 and 25 November.
Headline acts include Take That lead Gary Barlow who performed last night, indie folk band Noah and the Whale, singer-songwriter Olly Murs, indie rock band the Maccabees and guitarist Richard Hawley.
BBC Radio 2 DJ and Mencap ambassador, Jo Whiley, who is curating the festival said: “We’re back at St John at Hackney church, which inspired a truly electric atmosphere for fans and artists alike last year.
“There is nothing more extraordinary than seeing big artists perform in such an intimate and beautiful venue. We have a week of incredible shows lined up, all in aid of Mencap and supporting people with a learning disability.”
The mini music festival will raise money to support people with learning disabilities.
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 5 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 8 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
For more information, visit www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk.