Join Britain’s Got Talent stars Loveable Rogues for flashmob karaoke session outside St John at Hackney church today
Hackney residents have the chance to sing their heart out this afternoon (November 20) when a ‘KaraUke flashmob’ appear on the steps of St John at Hackney church.
Join Britain’s Got Talent’ stars Loveable Rogues and local disability groups for 30 minutes of karaoke featuring ukulele guitars from 4.45pm to 5.15pm.
The event has been organised by learning disability charity Mencap to promote its series of fund-raising concerts, the Little Noise Sessions, at the church between 19 and 25 November.
Headline acts include Take That lead Gary Barlow who performed last night, indie folk band Noah and the Whale, singer-songwriter Olly Murs, indie rock band the Maccabees and guitarist Richard Hawley.
BBC Radio 2 DJ and Mencap ambassador, Jo Whiley, who is curating the festival said: “We’re back at St John at Hackney church, which inspired a truly electric atmosphere for fans and artists alike last year.
You may also want to watch:
“There is nothing more extraordinary than seeing big artists perform in such an intimate and beautiful venue. We have a week of incredible shows lined up, all in aid of Mencap and supporting people with a learning disability.”
The mini music festival will raise money to support people with learning disabilities.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
For more information, visit www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk.