Join Britain’s Got Talent stars Loveable Rogues for flashmob karaoke session outside St John at Hackney church today
Hackney residents have the chance to sing their heart out this afternoon (November 20) when a ‘KaraUke flashmob’ appear on the steps of St John at Hackney church.
Join Britain’s Got Talent’ stars Loveable Rogues and local disability groups for 30 minutes of karaoke featuring ukulele guitars from 4.45pm to 5.15pm.
The event has been organised by learning disability charity Mencap to promote its series of fund-raising concerts, the Little Noise Sessions, at the church between 19 and 25 November.
Headline acts include Take That lead Gary Barlow who performed last night, indie folk band Noah and the Whale, singer-songwriter Olly Murs, indie rock band the Maccabees and guitarist Richard Hawley.
BBC Radio 2 DJ and Mencap ambassador, Jo Whiley, who is curating the festival said: “We’re back at St John at Hackney church, which inspired a truly electric atmosphere for fans and artists alike last year.
You may also want to watch:
“There is nothing more extraordinary than seeing big artists perform in such an intimate and beautiful venue. We have a week of incredible shows lined up, all in aid of Mencap and supporting people with a learning disability.”
The mini music festival will raise money to support people with learning disabilities.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
For more information, visit www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk.