London Fields lido opening date revealed after nine-month closure
- Credit: Archant
It’s a Christmas miracle! The London Fields lido will reopen two weeks today, the town hall has announced.
Just 261 days after it was announced that it would be closing for a couple of months, the popular pool will reopen for business.
It closed in April for urgent repairs to its crumbling tiles. It was mooted to reopen in “late summer” – then on September 30.
Since then the date has been pushed back twice while the contractors fix “defects” in the work.
Community services boss Cllr Jon Burke said: “I’d like to thank Lido users for their patience over the last few months, and apologise again for the delay. It’s been a very frustrating process, and whilst there are still snagging items and some quality issues to address, I’m pleased the contractors have finally completed the work. Now that the essential works to the pool have been completed, swimmers will also benefit from improved facilities throughout the Lido, including refurbished changing rooms and extra showers and lockers.”
You may also want to watch:
Lido users who kept their membership throughout the closure will automatically receive one month’s free membership in January.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12