London Fields lido opening date revealed after nine-month closure
- Credit: Archant
It’s a Christmas miracle! The London Fields lido will reopen two weeks today, the town hall has announced.
Just 261 days after it was announced that it would be closing for a couple of months, the popular pool will reopen for business.
It closed in April for urgent repairs to its crumbling tiles. It was mooted to reopen in “late summer” – then on September 30.
Since then the date has been pushed back twice while the contractors fix “defects” in the work.
Community services boss Cllr Jon Burke said: “I’d like to thank Lido users for their patience over the last few months, and apologise again for the delay. It’s been a very frustrating process, and whilst there are still snagging items and some quality issues to address, I’m pleased the contractors have finally completed the work. Now that the essential works to the pool have been completed, swimmers will also benefit from improved facilities throughout the Lido, including refurbished changing rooms and extra showers and lockers.”
You may also want to watch:
Lido users who kept their membership throughout the closure will automatically receive one month’s free membership in January.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club