London Fields lido opening date revealed after nine-month closure
- Credit: Archant
It’s a Christmas miracle! The London Fields lido will reopen two weeks today, the town hall has announced.
Just 261 days after it was announced that it would be closing for a couple of months, the popular pool will reopen for business.
It closed in April for urgent repairs to its crumbling tiles. It was mooted to reopen in “late summer” – then on September 30.
Since then the date has been pushed back twice while the contractors fix “defects” in the work.
Community services boss Cllr Jon Burke said: “I’d like to thank Lido users for their patience over the last few months, and apologise again for the delay. It’s been a very frustrating process, and whilst there are still snagging items and some quality issues to address, I’m pleased the contractors have finally completed the work. Now that the essential works to the pool have been completed, swimmers will also benefit from improved facilities throughout the Lido, including refurbished changing rooms and extra showers and lockers.”
You may also want to watch:
Lido users who kept their membership throughout the closure will automatically receive one month’s free membership in January.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop