National Falls Awareness week events in Hackney
Advice on avoiding falls and maintaining healthy bones will be on offer at three events in Hackney next week.
To mark National Falls Awareness week, health professionals will man a stall at Dalston’s Ridley Road market on Tuesday June 19 from 10am – 3pm.
Later that afternoon, free strength and balance exercise sessions will be held from 1 - 2.30 pm at The City and Hackney Carers Centre in Tyssen Street.
Then on Thursday June 21 a dietician and physiotherapist will be among guest speakers discussing the importance of diet and an active life style at The City and Hackney Carers Centre from 1pm – 4pm.
A balanced diet, including food rich in calcium, is particularly important for maintaining healthy bones – but without the right amount of vitamin D our bodies are unable to absorb it.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the opportunity to have a blood pressure check and to chat with an optician and pharmacist.
For more information see www.stopfallsnetwork.org.uk
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed