National Falls Awareness week events in Hackney
Advice on avoiding falls and maintaining healthy bones will be on offer at three events in Hackney next week.
To mark National Falls Awareness week, health professionals will man a stall at Dalston’s Ridley Road market on Tuesday June 19 from 10am – 3pm.
Later that afternoon, free strength and balance exercise sessions will be held from 1 - 2.30 pm at The City and Hackney Carers Centre in Tyssen Street.
Then on Thursday June 21 a dietician and physiotherapist will be among guest speakers discussing the importance of diet and an active life style at The City and Hackney Carers Centre from 1pm – 4pm.
A balanced diet, including food rich in calcium, is particularly important for maintaining healthy bones – but without the right amount of vitamin D our bodies are unable to absorb it.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the opportunity to have a blood pressure check and to chat with an optician and pharmacist.
For more information see www.stopfallsnetwork.org.uk
- 1 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 7 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 8 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 9 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month
- 10 Woman arrested following Stamford Hill stabbing