National Falls Awareness week events in Hackney
Advice on avoiding falls and maintaining healthy bones will be on offer at three events in Hackney next week.
To mark National Falls Awareness week, health professionals will man a stall at Dalston’s Ridley Road market on Tuesday June 19 from 10am – 3pm.
Later that afternoon, free strength and balance exercise sessions will be held from 1 - 2.30 pm at The City and Hackney Carers Centre in Tyssen Street.
Then on Thursday June 21 a dietician and physiotherapist will be among guest speakers discussing the importance of diet and an active life style at The City and Hackney Carers Centre from 1pm – 4pm.
A balanced diet, including food rich in calcium, is particularly important for maintaining healthy bones – but without the right amount of vitamin D our bodies are unable to absorb it.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the opportunity to have a blood pressure check and to chat with an optician and pharmacist.
For more information see www.stopfallsnetwork.org.uk
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney