National Falls Awareness week events in Hackney
Advice on avoiding falls and maintaining healthy bones will be on offer at three events in Hackney next week.
To mark National Falls Awareness week, health professionals will man a stall at Dalston’s Ridley Road market on Tuesday June 19 from 10am – 3pm.
Later that afternoon, free strength and balance exercise sessions will be held from 1 - 2.30 pm at The City and Hackney Carers Centre in Tyssen Street.
Then on Thursday June 21 a dietician and physiotherapist will be among guest speakers discussing the importance of diet and an active life style at The City and Hackney Carers Centre from 1pm – 4pm.
A balanced diet, including food rich in calcium, is particularly important for maintaining healthy bones – but without the right amount of vitamin D our bodies are unable to absorb it.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the opportunity to have a blood pressure check and to chat with an optician and pharmacist.
For more information see www.stopfallsnetwork.org.uk
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director