New Year will usher in total smoking ban on Homerton Hospital’s premises
- Credit: Archant
A total smoking ban on Homerton Hospital’s premises will come into force in the New Year.
Red lines will be painted at the access points to the hospital grounds stating “no smoking beyond this point”, and signs and posters will also be on display.
Any patients who receive hospital care at home will be asked not to smoke for an hour before staff arrive – who can refuse to treat patients in a smoke-filled environment.
Vaping will be allowed in Homerton’s grounds as long as users steer clear from doors and windows.
Staff have already been forbidden from smoking on site since October.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Nurse Sheila Adam said: “Smoking remains the number one health risk to people in this country and is the cause of many diseases and conditions which cost the NHS millions of pounds a year to treat. It is right and proper that we should be discouraging smoking on NHS sites.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney