Hundreds of staff at north London NHS trusts off sick due to Covid
- Credit: Archant
The number of staff at NHS trusts across north London who are off sick - and how many of them have Covid - has been revealed.
Latest government data shows 336 staff at Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust were absent because of Covid - either due to testing positive or isolating - as of January 2.
READ MORE: Covid patients in hospital in Hackney
This represents nine per cent of the trust’s total workforce of 3,862 people.
Whittington Health NHS Trust recorded 138 Covid-related absences among the 339 staff who were off sick on January 2.
This total is around eight pc of the 4,389 employees at the trust, which manages Whittington Hospital in Islington and other facilities.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust, which runs four hospitals including three in Brent, had 255 staff off because of Covid at last count.
In total, there were 468 sickness absences - about six per cent of the trust’s 7,674 employees.
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 4 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 5 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 6 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody