Revealed: How many patients per GP are there at your surgery?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Have you ever wondered how many patients a doctor is responsible for at your local surgery?
Workforce data recently published by NHS Digital reveals how many patients and GPs there are at every general practice across England.
We looked at the figures for the NHS North East London Clinical Commissioning Group, which serves eight local authority areas including Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Some practices in those areas rank among the highest in the country for the number of patients per GP, while others are among the lowest.
GP figures are based on the full-time equivalent of qualified, permanent general practitioners - so they exclude locums, registrars and trainees.
Southdene Surgery in South Woodford had the 45th highest number of patients per GP in England with 13,965, according to the data.
The Lea Surgery in Homerton was ranked 79th with 11,099.
- 1 Hackney Half Marathon runner dies
- 2 Jailed: Hackney fixer given life-sentence for EncroChat murder plot
- 3 2 men stabbed in 'row involving group' in Upper Clapton
- 4 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 5 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 6 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 7 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
At the other end of the rankings, Health E1 in Brick Lane has 430 patients per GP - the 16th lowest figure in England.
This is based on 1,067 registered patients and 2.5 full-time equivalent GPs.
Newham Transitional Practice was 51st lowest nationally with 986 patients per GP.
The rankings are out of 6,387 practices across England.
Use the map above or search using the table below to see the figures for your surgery and compare it to others in the area.