Stamford Hill doctors get Covid jab on camera to fight 'terrible infection'
- Credit: Screenshot of video by Cranwich Road Surgery
Hackney doctors have filmed a video to encourage residents to take the Covid-19 vaccination when they are approached by the NHS.
The video shows Dr Jacob Opat, from Cranwich Road Surgery in Stamford Hill, receiving a vaccine administered by Dr Cerian Choi.
The doctors hope the footage will encourage more people to get the jab when contacted by the NHS.
In the video, Dr Opat said: "I'm very excited for this moment. I have no fear at all and I am looking forward to having [the vaccine] - doing my bit to fight this terrible infection."
After getting his shot, the doctor proclaimed: "That was it?"
Coronavirus vaccinations started to be rolled out in Hackney on December 16, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
They are being delivered according to circumstances and priority groups and individuals are urged to wait for the NHS to contact them about vaccination.
To learn more, visit www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/covid-19-vaccination-programme.htm
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls