Stamford Hill doctors get Covid jab on camera to fight 'terrible infection'
- Credit: Screenshot of video by Cranwich Road Surgery
Hackney doctors have filmed a video to encourage residents to take the Covid-19 vaccination when they are approached by the NHS.
The video shows Dr Jacob Opat, from Cranwich Road Surgery in Stamford Hill, receiving a vaccine administered by Dr Cerian Choi.
The doctors hope the footage will encourage more people to get the jab when contacted by the NHS.
In the video, Dr Opat said: "I'm very excited for this moment. I have no fear at all and I am looking forward to having [the vaccine] - doing my bit to fight this terrible infection."
After getting his shot, the doctor proclaimed: "That was it?"
Coronavirus vaccinations started to be rolled out in Hackney on December 16, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
They are being delivered according to circumstances and priority groups and individuals are urged to wait for the NHS to contact them about vaccination.
To learn more, visit www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/covid-19-vaccination-programme.htm
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities