Stamford Hill doctors get Covid jab on camera to fight 'terrible infection'
- Credit: Screenshot of video by Cranwich Road Surgery
Hackney doctors have filmed a video to encourage residents to take the Covid-19 vaccination when they are approached by the NHS.
The video shows Dr Jacob Opat, from Cranwich Road Surgery in Stamford Hill, receiving a vaccine administered by Dr Cerian Choi.
The doctors hope the footage will encourage more people to get the jab when contacted by the NHS.
In the video, Dr Opat said: "I'm very excited for this moment. I have no fear at all and I am looking forward to having [the vaccine] - doing my bit to fight this terrible infection."
After getting his shot, the doctor proclaimed: "That was it?"
Coronavirus vaccinations started to be rolled out in Hackney on December 16, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
They are being delivered according to circumstances and priority groups and individuals are urged to wait for the NHS to contact them about vaccination.
To learn more, visit www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/covid-19-vaccination-programme.htm
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder