Teddy bears help children admitted to Homerton Hospital
- Credit: Metropolitan Masonic Charity
Teddy bears are being given to children treated at hospitals all over London and the scheme is helping alleviate stress and assist doctors and nurses in their work.
Homerton is one of seven London hospitals involved in the scheme called Teddies for Loving Care (TLC) funded by the Metropolitan Masonic Charity (MMC).
Tonya Chalker Fundraising Manager Homerton Hospital said: “We really appreciate the support. The bears were bundled up with some other goodies and given out to some new mums.”
The TLC appeal has now been running for over a year providing teddy bears to accident and emergency units for medical staff to distribute, at their discretion, to children admitted with severe stress.
Over 5,000 bears have been donated and are specially designed with defined hands, legs and eyes so they can be used by doctors and nurses to describe treatment of injuries to children.
You may also want to watch:
London Masons Charity Steward Tony Shields said: “London Masons are delighted to be able to support the TLC Scheme which complements the toothbrush “Smile Campaign” where London Freemasons have donated 40,000 toothbrushes to Children’s wards in London Hospitals. It is a significant contribution to our campaign to make London a safer and healthier place to live, work and travel.”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover