There With You: Clap For Our Carers campaign calls for mass applause for NHS workers
- Credit: Holly Chant
People across the country are encouraged to thank NHS staff by clapping their hands from their doorsteps, balconies, gardens or windows tonight.
The Clap For Our Carers campaign is set for March 26 at 8pm and will see the nation applaud NHS workers who are working tirelessly to slow the spread of Covid-19 and save lives.
A poster for the campaign says: “During these unprecedented times, they need to know we are grateful.”
The #ClapForOurCarers campaign was kickstarted by Dutch Londoner Annemarie Plas who heard about similar efforts of appreciation in the Netherlands, Spain and France.
The Mayor of Hackney Phillip Glanville has said he will be clapping for our carers and asks others to do the same.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney has had a total of 85 confirmed cases and the UK has lost 463 people to the virus and 9,529 confirmed cases.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back