There With You: Clap For Our Carers campaign calls for mass applause for NHS workers
- Credit: Holly Chant
People across the country are encouraged to thank NHS staff by clapping their hands from their doorsteps, balconies, gardens or windows tonight.
The Clap For Our Carers campaign is set for March 26 at 8pm and will see the nation applaud NHS workers who are working tirelessly to slow the spread of Covid-19 and save lives.
A poster for the campaign says: “During these unprecedented times, they need to know we are grateful.”
The #ClapForOurCarers campaign was kickstarted by Dutch Londoner Annemarie Plas who heard about similar efforts of appreciation in the Netherlands, Spain and France.
The Mayor of Hackney Phillip Glanville has said he will be clapping for our carers and asks others to do the same.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney has had a total of 85 confirmed cases and the UK has lost 463 people to the virus and 9,529 confirmed cases.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 10 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more