There With You: Clap For Our Carers campaign calls for mass applause for NHS workers
- Credit: Holly Chant
People across the country are encouraged to thank NHS staff by clapping their hands from their doorsteps, balconies, gardens or windows tonight.
The Clap For Our Carers campaign is set for March 26 at 8pm and will see the nation applaud NHS workers who are working tirelessly to slow the spread of Covid-19 and save lives.
A poster for the campaign says: “During these unprecedented times, they need to know we are grateful.”
The #ClapForOurCarers campaign was kickstarted by Dutch Londoner Annemarie Plas who heard about similar efforts of appreciation in the Netherlands, Spain and France.
The Mayor of Hackney Phillip Glanville has said he will be clapping for our carers and asks others to do the same.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney has had a total of 85 confirmed cases and the UK has lost 463 people to the virus and 9,529 confirmed cases.
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder