What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch heart-warming film Wadjda about an 11-year-old girl who wants a bike in patriarchal Saudi Arabia and her adventures to get it. From 2pm, 4.15pm, 6pm and 9pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Join the friendly Victoria Park Runners who welcome beginners, joggers and more experienced runners. From 6pm, meet at Molesworth Gate, corner of Cadogan Terrace and Victoria Park Road, Victoria Park, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Walk around sites associated with Dalston’s cultural history. From 6.30pm, meet at Dalston CLR James Library, 60 Roseberry Place, Dalston, E8. Free, check www.hackneyunites.org.uk/2013/06/whats-on.html for updates.
Get fit at Springfield Running Group’s outdoor open gym aerobic session. From 9.15am, at the Bowling Green, Springfield Park, Springfield, Upper Clapton, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 5 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 9 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Watch dancers perform at the London Fields dance studio picnic. From 1.30pm, at Broadway Market entrance of London Fields, opposite the children’s play area, Westgate Street, London Fields, E8. Free, call 0 7450 206241.
Take a trip across oceans in musical A Dream Across the Ocean, which explores new beginnings and challenges. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Empire, Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £10, call 020 8985 2424.
Go on an excursion, find objects and piece together fragments into new compositions. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email email@example.com.
Take your tiny tots to parent charity’s Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party and enjoy lots of free activities, a raffle, a nearly new stall for baby and toddler goods, plus a tea and cake sale. From 2pm, St Paul’s Church West Hackney, Stoke Newington Road, N16. Costs £3, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get fighting fit at a funky grooves class. From 5pm, at Space (Sports and Performing Arts Centre), 31 Falkirk Street London, N1. Costs £5, email email@example.com.