What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch heart-warming film Wadjda about an 11-year-old girl who wants a bike in patriarchal Saudi Arabia and her adventures to get it. From 2pm, 4.15pm, 6pm and 9pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Join the friendly Victoria Park Runners who welcome beginners, joggers and more experienced runners. From 6pm, meet at Molesworth Gate, corner of Cadogan Terrace and Victoria Park Road, Victoria Park, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Walk around sites associated with Dalston’s cultural history. From 6.30pm, meet at Dalston CLR James Library, 60 Roseberry Place, Dalston, E8. Free, check www.hackneyunites.org.uk/2013/06/whats-on.html for updates.
You may also want to watch:
Get fit at Springfield Running Group’s outdoor open gym aerobic session. From 9.15am, at the Bowling Green, Springfield Park, Springfield, Upper Clapton, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
Watch dancers perform at the London Fields dance studio picnic. From 1.30pm, at Broadway Market entrance of London Fields, opposite the children’s play area, Westgate Street, London Fields, E8. Free, call 0 7450 206241.
Take a trip across oceans in musical A Dream Across the Ocean, which explores new beginnings and challenges. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Empire, Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £10, call 020 8985 2424.
Go on an excursion, find objects and piece together fragments into new compositions. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email email@example.com.
Take your tiny tots to parent charity’s Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party and enjoy lots of free activities, a raffle, a nearly new stall for baby and toddler goods, plus a tea and cake sale. From 2pm, St Paul’s Church West Hackney, Stoke Newington Road, N16. Costs £3, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get fighting fit at a funky grooves class. From 5pm, at Space (Sports and Performing Arts Centre), 31 Falkirk Street London, N1. Costs £5, email email@example.com.