What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch heart-warming film Wadjda about an 11-year-old girl who wants a bike in patriarchal Saudi Arabia and her adventures to get it. From 2pm, 4.15pm, 6pm and 9pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Join the friendly Victoria Park Runners who welcome beginners, joggers and more experienced runners. From 6pm, meet at Molesworth Gate, corner of Cadogan Terrace and Victoria Park Road, Victoria Park, E9. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk around sites associated with Dalston’s cultural history. From 6.30pm, meet at Dalston CLR James Library, 60 Roseberry Place, Dalston, E8. Free, check www.hackneyunites.org.uk/2013/06/whats-on.html for updates.
You may also want to watch:
Get fit at Springfield Running Group’s outdoor open gym aerobic session. From 9.15am, at the Bowling Green, Springfield Park, Springfield, Upper Clapton, E5. Free, email email@example.com for more details.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Watch dancers perform at the London Fields dance studio picnic. From 1.30pm, at Broadway Market entrance of London Fields, opposite the children’s play area, Westgate Street, London Fields, E8. Free, call 0 7450 206241.
Take a trip across oceans in musical A Dream Across the Ocean, which explores new beginnings and challenges. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Empire, Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £10, call 020 8985 2424.
Go on an excursion, find objects and piece together fragments into new compositions. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take your tiny tots to parent charity’s Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party and enjoy lots of free activities, a raffle, a nearly new stall for baby and toddler goods, plus a tea and cake sale. From 2pm, St Paul’s Church West Hackney, Stoke Newington Road, N16. Costs £3, email email@example.com.
Get fighting fit at a funky grooves class. From 5pm, at Space (Sports and Performing Arts Centre), 31 Falkirk Street London, N1. Costs £5, email firstname.lastname@example.org.