World Senior Gold Medallist diver Nick Robinson-Baker and Paralympian Harriet Lee will be at Stoke Newington pool this Sunday
Paralympian Bronze medal winner Harriet Lee and World Senior Gold Medallist diver Nick Robinson-Baker will provide inspiration to local swimmers at Clissold Leisure Centre this Sunday.
It is part of the Speedo Sunday series of events this autumn, which gives families the chance to try different aquatic activities, demonstrating that swimming is not only great exercise but can be fun.
It aims to inspire people to get in the pool - whether it is to take the kids for a swim, do some laps or just take some time out for themselves.
Sessions will include water polo, adult coaching, children’s water confidence, ‘Swim it to Win it’ races including fastest width and fastest length competitions.
Swimmers also get the opportunity to meet and swim with local Clissold Swimming Club.
You may also want to watch:
The event at the pool in Clissold Road will be held from 1pm until 5pm.
Entry costs �1.10 for concessionary member, �4.50 for an adult non-member and is free for under 18s, 60 and overs, disabled people and carers.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised