Help design a huge renewable power sculpture at Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm is seeking people interested in design, construction and energy use to help create a sculpture promoting renewable power.
The community farm in Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston, has secured a grant of £4,595 from the People’s Postcode Lottery to make a “striking mosaic of mechanical artworks”.
The idea is it will stimulate discussion and action, and a webpage about renewable energies - including tips on how to use energy more sustainably - will be set up through the project dubbed Energy Harvest.
Education provider Fire the Inventor is running four event days at the farm, with everyone welcome on September 16 from 12.30pm to 4pm.
Farm manager Chris Pounds said: “Hackney City Farm is very pleased to be creating a Sculpture as part of Energy Harvest, demonstrating renewable power and helping, with the new webpage, to transform energy use locally”.
You may also want to watch:
To join in call 0207 729 6381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London