Help design a huge renewable power sculpture at Hackney City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm is seeking people interested in design, construction and energy use to help create a sculpture promoting renewable power.
The community farm in Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston, has secured a grant of £4,595 from the People’s Postcode Lottery to make a “striking mosaic of mechanical artworks”.
The idea is it will stimulate discussion and action, and a webpage about renewable energies - including tips on how to use energy more sustainably - will be set up through the project dubbed Energy Harvest.
Education provider Fire the Inventor is running four event days at the farm, with everyone welcome on September 16 from 12.30pm to 4pm.
Farm manager Chris Pounds said: “Hackney City Farm is very pleased to be creating a Sculpture as part of Energy Harvest, demonstrating renewable power and helping, with the new webpage, to transform energy use locally”.
You may also want to watch:
To join in call 0207 729 6381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images