Son and Lamela pen new long-term deals with Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the contract extensions this afternoon
Attacking midfielders Heung-min Son and Erik Lamela have agreed new long-term deals with Tottenham Hotspur.
The club announced the news earlier today and follows recent extensions handed out to other key figures at Spurs.
Son’s new contract will run until the summer of 2023 while Lamela signed terms to keep him in N17 until the end of the 2021/22 season.
In an announcement confirming Tottenham’s South Korean had agreed a new deal, the club also revealed some other key news.
You may also want to watch:
Mauricio Pochettino will have Son available for the tour of the United States and he will also feature in the Premier League opener at Newcastle United on August 11.
After playing against the Magpies, he will then link up with South Korea to represent his country at the Asian Games.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
If Son can fire his nation to success in the competition it should ensure he doesn’t have to do national service.