Son and Lamela pen new long-term deals with Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the contract extensions this afternoon
Attacking midfielders Heung-min Son and Erik Lamela have agreed new long-term deals with Tottenham Hotspur.
The club announced the news earlier today and follows recent extensions handed out to other key figures at Spurs.
Son’s new contract will run until the summer of 2023 while Lamela signed terms to keep him in N17 until the end of the 2021/22 season.
In an announcement confirming Tottenham’s South Korean had agreed a new deal, the club also revealed some other key news.
Mauricio Pochettino will have Son available for the tour of the United States and he will also feature in the Premier League opener at Newcastle United on August 11.
After playing against the Magpies, he will then link up with South Korea to represent his country at the Asian Games.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 8 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
If Son can fire his nation to success in the competition it should ensure he doesn’t have to do national service.