Son and Lamela pen new long-term deals with Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the contract extensions this afternoon
Attacking midfielders Heung-min Son and Erik Lamela have agreed new long-term deals with Tottenham Hotspur.
The club announced the news earlier today and follows recent extensions handed out to other key figures at Spurs.
Son’s new contract will run until the summer of 2023 while Lamela signed terms to keep him in N17 until the end of the 2021/22 season.
In an announcement confirming Tottenham’s South Korean had agreed a new deal, the club also revealed some other key news.
You may also want to watch:
Mauricio Pochettino will have Son available for the tour of the United States and he will also feature in the Premier League opener at Newcastle United on August 11.
After playing against the Magpies, he will then link up with South Korea to represent his country at the Asian Games.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 9 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
If Son can fire his nation to success in the competition it should ensure he doesn’t have to do national service.