Son and Lamela pen new long-term deals with Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the contract extensions this afternoon
Attacking midfielders Heung-min Son and Erik Lamela have agreed new long-term deals with Tottenham Hotspur.
The club announced the news earlier today and follows recent extensions handed out to other key figures at Spurs.
Son’s new contract will run until the summer of 2023 while Lamela signed terms to keep him in N17 until the end of the 2021/22 season.
In an announcement confirming Tottenham’s South Korean had agreed a new deal, the club also revealed some other key news.
You may also want to watch:
Mauricio Pochettino will have Son available for the tour of the United States and he will also feature in the Premier League opener at Newcastle United on August 11.
After playing against the Magpies, he will then link up with South Korea to represent his country at the Asian Games.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
If Son can fire his nation to success in the competition it should ensure he doesn’t have to do national service.