Son and Lamela pen new long-term deals with Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the contract extensions this afternoon
Attacking midfielders Heung-min Son and Erik Lamela have agreed new long-term deals with Tottenham Hotspur.
The club announced the news earlier today and follows recent extensions handed out to other key figures at Spurs.
Son’s new contract will run until the summer of 2023 while Lamela signed terms to keep him in N17 until the end of the 2021/22 season.
In an announcement confirming Tottenham’s South Korean had agreed a new deal, the club also revealed some other key news.
Mauricio Pochettino will have Son available for the tour of the United States and he will also feature in the Premier League opener at Newcastle United on August 11.
After playing against the Magpies, he will then link up with South Korea to represent his country at the Asian Games.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
If Son can fire his nation to success in the competition it should ensure he doesn’t have to do national service.