Son enthusiastic about future with Spurs fans creating more energy in new home!
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The 26-year-old discussed his new deal with Tottenham Hotspur and the impact of the club’s supporters
Heung-min Son is excited to play at Spurs’ new stadium and feels the fans will create a good energy at the venue which will help the club to enjoy a successful season.
The South Korean attacker agreed a new five-year deal at Tottenham Hotspur on Friday to extend his stay with the Lilywhites.
Over the past three years, Son has established himself as a firm favourite with the fans and spoke about their importance recently.
Looking ahead to the upcoming campaign and the prospect of walking out at Tottenham’s new stadium, the ex-Bayer Leverkusen couldn’t hide his enthusiasm.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the fans, I am still a very small player,” Son told the official club website last week.
“And whether I play at home or away it doesn’t matter where I am, even when I play for South Korea at the World Cup, the Spurs fans support me and I am very thankful for that.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“I want to give it back on the pitch and off the pitch when I see the fans I am really happy. When they see me and I see the kids, I am smiling. I know how they feel.
“The fans are amazing and I hope this season, with the new stadium, I think the fans will be amazing again.
“I hope when we play at the new stadium we always get a good, positive result and with good energy from the fans and us all together, I think it is going to be very, very good there.”
Son was a key performer for Spurs in all competitions during the 2017/18 season as they came third in the Premier League and reached the Champions League last-16.
Tottenham also made the semi-finals of the FA Cup again and this season the 26-year-old wants to create history with the club and try to win some silverware.
He added: “I’ve learned so many things in the last three years and even my team-mates have learned so many things with the gaffer.
“I want to make some history again, but we’ll see. I think it is always positive with the lads and I’m looking forward to playing again in the Premier League and Champions League.”
After committing his future to Spurs until June 2023, Son was quick to hail all of the staff at the club, he said: “I’ve signed because I’m really thankful for this team and the coaching staff and my team-mates.
“Thank you to the supporters, my team-mates, coaching staff and the team all around the club. I’m so thankful to you all.”