We need to show our best form against Barcelona, says Son
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The 26-year-old Tottenham Hotspur attacker is looking forward to facing the La Liga champions
Tottenham Hotspur could be without a number of key personnel for the visit of La Liga champions Barcelona on Wednesday night, but Heung-min Son believes they will still produce a good performance at Wembley Stadium.
Hugo Lloris, Michel Vorm, Serge Aurier, Jan Vertonghen, Mousa Dembele, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen may miss the Champions League Group B tie with the Catalan giants due to injury issues.
While it would be a big blow for Spurs to be without so many players, South Korean Son is confident they can still deliver.
But he is not taking Barcelona’s recent mixed form, a three-game winless run, into the equation when they do battle at the national stadium tomorrow (8pm kick-off).
You may also want to watch:
Asked about Barca’s league defeat at Leganes on Wednesday, Son replied: “It doesn’t matter. If they lose, it is not important.
“Still they are a very good team, very strong. We have to be ready and have to show our best form against them.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
“I am sure we can make our best performance against them, but we need to be ready and show 100 per cent or even more than 100 per cent I think.”
After losing their opening match in the Champions League this season, 2-1 away to Inter Milan, Spurs are slightly on the back foot already in this group.
While Tottenham will be taking on Ernesto Valverde’s team at Wembley, Inter will be facing PSV in Eindhoven and the Serie A club could extend their advantage over the north Londoners with a victory
Mauricio Pochettino’s side ideally need a positive result against Barcelona and Son says they believe they can triumph.
He did, however, reflect on the size of the task facing the Lilywhites, the 26-year-old added: “Of course, in football you play to win, but sometimes it is difficult.
“Normally you don’t play against big teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona or whoever, but we are still a big team.
“This is football and we can enjoy the Champions League and the night with so many fans – great fans.
“We will enjoy the game and give our best. After, if the result is not good, if you have given 100 per cent, you can accept it, but we need to give 100 per cent.
“We are looking for the win of course, but in football you never know and that is why we need to be ready in every single situation.”