‘Hitman’ boy, 15, shot Gulistan Subasi in Hackney on ‘orders of estranged partner’
A ‘headstrong’ young Turkish mother was murdered in Hackney on the orders of her estranged partner after she threatened to take their nine year-old son away, the Old Bailey heard today (Wednesday).
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by a schoolboy on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by 28 year-old Serdar Ozbek, it is claimed.
The pair had fallen out two days earlier during a series of phone calls following Ms Subasi’s arrival in the UK from Turkey.
Ozbek, who was in Turkey at the time, allegedly decided to have her killed to prevent a ‘loss of face.’
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “Both parties were headstrong but it is clear the defendant Ozbek could not impose his will on Gulistan.
You may also want to watch:
“The Crown allege there was the distinct possibility that Gulistan was seeking or had already taken steps to take away their son back to Turkey.”
Jurors heard Ms Subasi had run away with Ozbek after meeting him in the UK. She returned to Turkey in October 2005 after they split, leaving her son with her mother. Ozbek then took custody of the boy.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Mr Temple said Ms Subasi was “spirited” and “of an independent mind”.
A 15 year-old boy, who cannot be named, is accused of carrying out the hit at around 8.22pm on March 22 last year.
The teenager, who is now 16, and Ozbek, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven men now standing trial for the murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.