‘Hitman’ boy, 15, shot Gulistan Subasi in Hackney on ‘orders of estranged partner’
A ‘headstrong’ young Turkish mother was murdered in Hackney on the orders of her estranged partner after she threatened to take their nine year-old son away, the Old Bailey heard today (Wednesday).
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by a schoolboy on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by 28 year-old Serdar Ozbek, it is claimed.
The pair had fallen out two days earlier during a series of phone calls following Ms Subasi’s arrival in the UK from Turkey.
Ozbek, who was in Turkey at the time, allegedly decided to have her killed to prevent a ‘loss of face.’
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “Both parties were headstrong but it is clear the defendant Ozbek could not impose his will on Gulistan.
You may also want to watch:
“The Crown allege there was the distinct possibility that Gulistan was seeking or had already taken steps to take away their son back to Turkey.”
Jurors heard Ms Subasi had run away with Ozbek after meeting him in the UK. She returned to Turkey in October 2005 after they split, leaving her son with her mother. Ozbek then took custody of the boy.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
Mr Temple said Ms Subasi was “spirited” and “of an independent mind”.
A 15 year-old boy, who cannot be named, is accused of carrying out the hit at around 8.22pm on March 22 last year.
The teenager, who is now 16, and Ozbek, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven men now standing trial for the murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.