‘Hitman’ boy, 15, shot Gulistan Subasi in Hackney on ‘orders of estranged partner’
A ‘headstrong’ young Turkish mother was murdered in Hackney on the orders of her estranged partner after she threatened to take their nine year-old son away, the Old Bailey heard today (Wednesday).
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by a schoolboy on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by 28 year-old Serdar Ozbek, it is claimed.
The pair had fallen out two days earlier during a series of phone calls following Ms Subasi’s arrival in the UK from Turkey.
Ozbek, who was in Turkey at the time, allegedly decided to have her killed to prevent a ‘loss of face.’
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “Both parties were headstrong but it is clear the defendant Ozbek could not impose his will on Gulistan.
You may also want to watch:
“The Crown allege there was the distinct possibility that Gulistan was seeking or had already taken steps to take away their son back to Turkey.”
Jurors heard Ms Subasi had run away with Ozbek after meeting him in the UK. She returned to Turkey in October 2005 after they split, leaving her son with her mother. Ozbek then took custody of the boy.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Mr Temple said Ms Subasi was “spirited” and “of an independent mind”.
A 15 year-old boy, who cannot be named, is accused of carrying out the hit at around 8.22pm on March 22 last year.
The teenager, who is now 16, and Ozbek, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven men now standing trial for the murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.