Hollyoaks actress Ali Bastian set to judge Fiorentini’s Got Talent competition
- Credit: Anna Fiorentini
Hollyoaks actress Ali Bastian is one of the judges at the Fiorentini’s Got Talent competition tonight.
Pupils from the theatre and film school, set up by Anna Fiorentini 16 years ago, will battle it out in front of a panel of industry professionals at Clapton Girls’ Academy in Lower Clapton.
Previous winners include former student Jermain Jackman who went on to win the BBC talent show The Voice two years later in 2014.
Anna said: “This is more than just a talent show. Year upon year the competition attracts the very best of the school’s emerging young talent, highlighting the driving force of young people within the arts.”
The panel of seven judges includes Bastian who played Becca in Channel 4’s Hollyoaks, PC Sally Armstrong in The Bill, and who reached the semi-final of Strictly Come Dancing in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
She will be accompanied by producer Alice de Sousa who wrote A Street Cat Named Bob and Fiorentini alumni Tahj Miles, who starred in Oliver, Matilda and Bugsy Malone on the West End and Jayden Jean-Paul-Denis, who is currently starring in Hank Zipzer.
The show at the school in Laura Place starts at 7pm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
Tickets cost £10 and are available on the door.