Hollyoaks actress Ali Bastian set to judge Fiorentini’s Got Talent competition
- Credit: Anna Fiorentini
Hollyoaks actress Ali Bastian is one of the judges at the Fiorentini’s Got Talent competition tonight.
Pupils from the theatre and film school, set up by Anna Fiorentini 16 years ago, will battle it out in front of a panel of industry professionals at Clapton Girls’ Academy in Lower Clapton.
Previous winners include former student Jermain Jackman who went on to win the BBC talent show The Voice two years later in 2014.
Anna said: “This is more than just a talent show. Year upon year the competition attracts the very best of the school’s emerging young talent, highlighting the driving force of young people within the arts.”
The panel of seven judges includes Bastian who played Becca in Channel 4’s Hollyoaks, PC Sally Armstrong in The Bill, and who reached the semi-final of Strictly Come Dancing in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
She will be accompanied by producer Alice de Sousa who wrote A Street Cat Named Bob and Fiorentini alumni Tahj Miles, who starred in Oliver, Matilda and Bugsy Malone on the West End and Jayden Jean-Paul-Denis, who is currently starring in Hank Zipzer.
The show at the school in Laura Place starts at 7pm.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 8 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 9 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
Tickets cost £10 and are available on the door.