Hollywood star ‘The Rock’ scares off Hackney hoodies
A Hollywood action star is said to have turned into a real life hero when he chased hooded thieves off a film set in Hackney earlier this week.
Dwayne Johnson, otherwise known as The Rock, apparently embraced the FBI role he was playing by fending off two thieves who were trying to break into some vans near where he was filming the Fast and Furious 6.
An unnamed source told a national tabloid that the star - who was wearing a flak jacket and brandishing an FBI badge - chased off two youths, although it’s unclear exactly where the incident is said to have happened.
The 40-year-old World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) fighter-turned-actor is said to boast more than 20 stone of muscle on his 6ft 5in frame.
The Rock’s agent didn’t respond to the Gazette’s request for a comment, and a Hackney Police spokeswoman said officers haven’t received any reports about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The film, the sixth part of a franchise about street racing, is scheduled for release in May 2013.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 6 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday