Homerton death: Police release one of two men arrested
A woman who was found dead at a home in Homerton had a ruptured liver.
Two men were arrested in connection with the woman’s death. One, a 32-year-old, was released with no further action. The second, a 34-year-old, remains in custody.
The woman was found at a residential address in Anderson Road by London Ambulance Service (LAS) just before 9.35pm on Thursday.
Police believe a disturbance preceded the 34-year-old’s death.
A post mortem yesterday gave the cause of death as blunt trauma injury resulting in a ruptured liver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe they know the woman’s identity but await formal identification and next of kin has been informed.
An incident room has opened under detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.