Homerton death: Police release one of two men arrested
A woman who was found dead at a home in Homerton had a ruptured liver.
Two men were arrested in connection with the woman’s death. One, a 32-year-old, was released with no further action. The second, a 34-year-old, remains in custody.
The woman was found at a residential address in Anderson Road by London Ambulance Service (LAS) just before 9.35pm on Thursday.
Police believe a disturbance preceded the 34-year-old’s death.
A post mortem yesterday gave the cause of death as blunt trauma injury resulting in a ruptured liver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe they know the woman’s identity but await formal identification and next of kin has been informed.
An incident room has opened under detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.