Homerton death: Police release one of two men arrested
A woman who was found dead at a home in Homerton had a ruptured liver.
Two men were arrested in connection with the woman’s death. One, a 32-year-old, was released with no further action. The second, a 34-year-old, remains in custody.
The woman was found at a residential address in Anderson Road by London Ambulance Service (LAS) just before 9.35pm on Thursday.
Police believe a disturbance preceded the 34-year-old’s death.
A post mortem yesterday gave the cause of death as blunt trauma injury resulting in a ruptured liver.
Officers believe they know the woman’s identity but await formal identification and next of kin has been informed.
An incident room has opened under detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 5 things to look forward to at All Points East Festival 2022
- 7 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 10 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.