Homerton girl through to Miss Teen Great Britain finals
A Homerton lass who wants to prove to the world that beauty is more than just looks, is through to the finals in a nation-wide beauty pageant.
Leidy Laura Romero, 18, who lives in Overbury Street will represent Greater London in the first Miss Teen Great Britain final this September.
She said: “My dream has always been to compete in a beauty pageant and make a difference in any way I can.
“Girls now get judged based on the way they look. If they are pretty they can’t do certain things because they are too pretty for it and they might not be taken seriously in some situations. I think that wrong because there are girls out there who are pretty and who are very smart.”
Contestants hoping to scoop the prize of �1,000 and a modelling contract have to give a speech at the finals at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by United Kingdom Galaxy Pageants, the contest promotes itself as a positive, confidence building exercise for teenagers.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images