Homerton girl through to Miss Teen Great Britain finals
A Homerton lass who wants to prove to the world that beauty is more than just looks, is through to the finals in a nation-wide beauty pageant.
Leidy Laura Romero, 18, who lives in Overbury Street will represent Greater London in the first Miss Teen Great Britain final this September.
She said: “My dream has always been to compete in a beauty pageant and make a difference in any way I can.
“Girls now get judged based on the way they look. If they are pretty they can’t do certain things because they are too pretty for it and they might not be taken seriously in some situations. I think that wrong because there are girls out there who are pretty and who are very smart.”
Contestants hoping to scoop the prize of �1,000 and a modelling contract have to give a speech at the finals at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by United Kingdom Galaxy Pageants, the contest promotes itself as a positive, confidence building exercise for teenagers.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work