Homerton High Street closed after multiple car crash at scene of tragedy
The smash happened shortly before 7.05pm at the junction with Urswick Road, where an 83-year-old woman was killed under the wheels of a lorry just a week and a half ago.
It caused serious traffic delays, with Urswick Road and Homerton High Street closed and long queues between Lower Clapton Road and Ponsford Street.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1905 hours on Sunday March 20 to Lower Clapton Road at the junction with Urswick Road following reports of a collision.
“Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade were in attendance and discovered a car in collision with a lamppost
“It is believed that the car also struck several other vehicles the driver was taken to an east London hospital with minor injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Bus diversions were in place.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens