Homerton High Street closed after multiple car crash at scene of tragedy
The smash happened shortly before 7.05pm at the junction with Urswick Road, where an 83-year-old woman was killed under the wheels of a lorry just a week and a half ago.
It caused serious traffic delays, with Urswick Road and Homerton High Street closed and long queues between Lower Clapton Road and Ponsford Street.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1905 hours on Sunday March 20 to Lower Clapton Road at the junction with Urswick Road following reports of a collision.
“Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade were in attendance and discovered a car in collision with a lamppost
“It is believed that the car also struck several other vehicles the driver was taken to an east London hospital with minor injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Bus diversions were in place.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared