Homerton High Street closed after multiple car crash at scene of tragedy
The smash happened shortly before 7.05pm at the junction with Urswick Road, where an 83-year-old woman was killed under the wheels of a lorry just a week and a half ago.
It caused serious traffic delays, with Urswick Road and Homerton High Street closed and long queues between Lower Clapton Road and Ponsford Street.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1905 hours on Sunday March 20 to Lower Clapton Road at the junction with Urswick Road following reports of a collision.
“Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade were in attendance and discovered a car in collision with a lamppost
“It is believed that the car also struck several other vehicles the driver was taken to an east London hospital with minor injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Bus diversions were in place.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 8 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors