Homerton Hospital worker responds to EU Referendum result with photo of his NHS team
- Credit: Archant
An NHS hospital worker responded to the EU Referendum result by posting this photo of his team, who come from all across Europe.
Junaid Masood put the picture on Facebook while on shift at Homerton University Hospital on Friday morning and it has been shared thousands of times on social media since.
The image, titled “We are Europe!”, shows three scrub nurses from Spain, a German consultant anaesthetist, an Irish radiographer, a Greek urology specialist registrar and Junaid, a British Pakistani consultant urologist.
A caption reads: “Today we have been hard at work improving people’s lives! This is what our friends from Europe do for the NHS.”
Junaid said he looked around on the morning of the result and, realising his surgical team for the day were all from the Europe, took the picture to show how EU staff contribute to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Spanish nurses, Marina Seminario, 26, from Malaga, has worked at Homerton for three and a half years.
She said: “I enjoy working in the NHS and at Homerton. I particularly enjoy working with so many colleagues from around the world – if I went back to Spain it is this that I would miss most. I am happy here and hope that I can stay in the future.”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
A spokesperson for Homerton University Hospital said: “Homerton is already well known for the diversity of its patient population, but like other NHS hospitals, Homerton also employs health care professionals from around the world, including the EU”
“We are proud of the quality of the staff we attract and hope they all continue to provide high quality services for many years to come.”