Homerton man accused of blackmailing celeb over naked photos
A Homerton man, his brother, and a teenage girl allegedly tried to blackmail a “high profile” female celebrity over naked photos of the star, which were stolen during a burglary, a court heard.
Lee and Vernon Fevrier and the 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Southwark Crown Court on Monday (July 23) accused of demanding �4,000 in return for not passing the snaps to newspapers.
It is believed the intimate photos were discovered on a computer stolen from a property in London earlier this year. The three alleged blackmailers have not been charged in relation to the break-in.
Lee Fevrier, 35, of Bannister House, in Homerton High Street, appeared in the dock alongside his 34-year-old brother Vernon, of Mount View Road, Hendon, and the 17-year-old girl.
Prosecutor Lesley Jones said: “There was a burglary at a particular property where items were taken, electrical items where photos of a high profile celebrity were found.
You may also want to watch:
“It [the case] really concerns the efforts the defendants went to, to obtain money for the non-publication of the photos.”
According to court documents the trio are alleged to have made “unwarranted demands with menaces” for �4,000 between July 10 and 12, from a woman linked to the star.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
The men were remanded in custody while the teenager was released on bail.
All three are charged with conspiracy to blackmail and will appear at the same court on October 1 for a plea and case management hearing.