Homerton man accused of blackmailing celeb over naked photos
A Homerton man, his brother, and a teenage girl allegedly tried to blackmail a “high profile” female celebrity over naked photos of the star, which were stolen during a burglary, a court heard.
Lee and Vernon Fevrier and the 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Southwark Crown Court on Monday (July 23) accused of demanding �4,000 in return for not passing the snaps to newspapers.
It is believed the intimate photos were discovered on a computer stolen from a property in London earlier this year. The three alleged blackmailers have not been charged in relation to the break-in.
Lee Fevrier, 35, of Bannister House, in Homerton High Street, appeared in the dock alongside his 34-year-old brother Vernon, of Mount View Road, Hendon, and the 17-year-old girl.
Prosecutor Lesley Jones said: “There was a burglary at a particular property where items were taken, electrical items where photos of a high profile celebrity were found.
You may also want to watch:
“It [the case] really concerns the efforts the defendants went to, to obtain money for the non-publication of the photos.”
According to court documents the trio are alleged to have made “unwarranted demands with menaces” for �4,000 between July 10 and 12, from a woman linked to the star.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The men were remanded in custody while the teenager was released on bail.
All three are charged with conspiracy to blackmail and will appear at the same court on October 1 for a plea and case management hearing.