Homerton ‘shooting’ not gang linked and man arrested
Police unsure if gun fired or firework set off and need witnesses to come forward.
A MAN has been arrested following reports of gunfire in a Homerton street in an incident police are not treating as gang related.
Officers are asking people who may have information into a dispute which occurred in Ballance Road at around 4.30pm on Tuesday November 30.
The incident is not being linked to gang activity and police remain unsure whether a gun was fired or if it was a firework. A 43-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Gavin Markey of Hackney CID on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4632356/10.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively email: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition