Homerton ‘shooting’ not gang linked and man arrested
Police unsure if gun fired or firework set off and need witnesses to come forward.
A MAN has been arrested following reports of gunfire in a Homerton street in an incident police are not treating as gang related.
Officers are asking people who may have information into a dispute which occurred in Ballance Road at around 4.30pm on Tuesday November 30.
The incident is not being linked to gang activity and police remain unsure whether a gun was fired or if it was a firework. A 43-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Gavin Markey of Hackney CID on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4632356/10.
Alternatively email: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 7 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney