House fire in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued two people from a burning house in Stoke Newington this morning.
Fire crews were sent to Clissold Crescent at 7.54am after receiving 16 calls.
Four engines and 21 firefighters were sent to the scene and the ground floor of the four-storey house was damaged in the blaze.
Five people are said to have escaped before the brigade arrived and two had to be led to safety by crews. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Pictures from the scene showed someone on a stretcher being treated by medics.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 9am. The fire brigade said the cause of it was still being investigated.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images