House fire in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued two people from a burning house in Stoke Newington this morning.
Fire crews were sent to Clissold Crescent at 7.54am after receiving 16 calls.
Four engines and 21 firefighters were sent to the scene and the ground floor of the four-storey house was damaged in the blaze.
Five people are said to have escaped before the brigade arrived and two had to be led to safety by crews. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Pictures from the scene showed someone on a stretcher being treated by medics.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 9am. The fire brigade said the cause of it was still being investigated.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop