House fire in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued two people from a burning house in Stoke Newington this morning.
Fire crews were sent to Clissold Crescent at 7.54am after receiving 16 calls.
Four engines and 21 firefighters were sent to the scene and the ground floor of the four-storey house was damaged in the blaze.
Five people are said to have escaped before the brigade arrived and two had to be led to safety by crews. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Pictures from the scene showed someone on a stretcher being treated by medics.
The fire was brought under control by 9am. The fire brigade said the cause of it was still being investigated.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown