House fire in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued two people from a burning house in Stoke Newington this morning.
Fire crews were sent to Clissold Crescent at 7.54am after receiving 16 calls.
Four engines and 21 firefighters were sent to the scene and the ground floor of the four-storey house was damaged in the blaze.
Five people are said to have escaped before the brigade arrived and two had to be led to safety by crews. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Pictures from the scene showed someone on a stretcher being treated by medics.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 9am. The fire brigade said the cause of it was still being investigated.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney