House fire in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued two people from a burning house in Stoke Newington this morning.
Fire crews were sent to Clissold Crescent at 7.54am after receiving 16 calls.
Four engines and 21 firefighters were sent to the scene and the ground floor of the four-storey house was damaged in the blaze.
Five people are said to have escaped before the brigade arrived and two had to be led to safety by crews. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Pictures from the scene showed someone on a stretcher being treated by medics.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 9am. The fire brigade said the cause of it was still being investigated.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service