House fire in Upper Clapton
- Credit: sub
Fire fighters spent over two hours tackling a blaze in the loft of a house in Mount Pleasant Road, Upper Clapton house on Sunday.
Four people escaped uninjured from the terraced house in Mount Pleasant Road before fire crews arrived on the scene just before 10am.
The fire was under control by 12.20pm.
The loft and roof were badly damaged by fire.
Four fire engines, two each from Homerton and Stoke Newington, and 21 firefighters and officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta