House fire in Upper Clapton
- Credit: sub
Fire fighters spent over two hours tackling a blaze in the loft of a house in Mount Pleasant Road, Upper Clapton house on Sunday.
Four people escaped uninjured from the terraced house in Mount Pleasant Road before fire crews arrived on the scene just before 10am.
The fire was under control by 12.20pm.
The loft and roof were badly damaged by fire.
Four fire engines, two each from Homerton and Stoke Newington, and 21 firefighters and officers were at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets