House loft blaze after ‘boiler blew up’ in South Hackney
A house loft burst into flames in South Hackney on Monday night (September 27) after a central heating boiler blew up, it was claimed.
Around 15 firefighters in three fire engines battled a blaze in a two-storey mid-terraced house in Iveagh Close, next to Victoria Park, at 10.07 pm.
They had the fire under control at 11.39pm but most of the house’s loft was damaged.
No-one was injured.
A neighbour said: “Apparently the boiler blew up and caught the loft on fire. There was also damage to the next house.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said the cause of the fire was under investigation.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney