House loft blaze after ‘boiler blew up’ in South Hackney
A house loft burst into flames in South Hackney on Monday night (September 27) after a central heating boiler blew up, it was claimed.
Around 15 firefighters in three fire engines battled a blaze in a two-storey mid-terraced house in Iveagh Close, next to Victoria Park, at 10.07 pm.
They had the fire under control at 11.39pm but most of the house’s loft was damaged.
No-one was injured.
A neighbour said: “Apparently the boiler blew up and caught the loft on fire. There was also damage to the next house.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said the cause of the fire was under investigation.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding