House loft blaze after ‘boiler blew up’ in South Hackney
A house loft burst into flames in South Hackney on Monday night (September 27) after a central heating boiler blew up, it was claimed.
Around 15 firefighters in three fire engines battled a blaze in a two-storey mid-terraced house in Iveagh Close, next to Victoria Park, at 10.07 pm.
They had the fire under control at 11.39pm but most of the house’s loft was damaged.
No-one was injured.
A neighbour said: “Apparently the boiler blew up and caught the loft on fire. There was also damage to the next house.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said the cause of the fire was under investigation.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared