How many people can you fit in a van? Hackney police rumble driver
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been rumbled by police with six people in the back of their van – one of whom was sat on a wooden chair.
Hackney officers were conducting checks on illegal drivers this afternoon when they stopped a white transit.
But they were in for a shock when the back doors were opened.
In a picture posted to the Hackney police Twitter account, what appears to be four adults and two children were sat in the back.
One child can be seen sat on the floor, while an adult is seen sitting on a wooden chair.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known whether the van had been driven anywhere or stopped before it could be, but officers said the driver was “putting lives at risk.”
Hackney police have been contacted for comment.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways