How many people can you fit in a van? Hackney police rumble driver
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been rumbled by police with six people in the back of their van – one of whom was sat on a wooden chair.
Hackney officers were conducting checks on illegal drivers this afternoon when they stopped a white transit.
But they were in for a shock when the back doors were opened.
In a picture posted to the Hackney police Twitter account, what appears to be four adults and two children were sat in the back.
One child can be seen sat on the floor, while an adult is seen sitting on a wooden chair.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known whether the van had been driven anywhere or stopped before it could be, but officers said the driver was “putting lives at risk.”
Hackney police have been contacted for comment.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities