Hoxton flat fire under investigation
- Credit: sub
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the blaze in Harvey Street at 3.20pm, and the fire was under control by 4.18pm.
Part of a fourth floor flat was damaged by fire on Tuesday.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers attended the scene from Kingsland, Shoreditch, and Islington fire stations.
Harvey Street is situated less than 1,000m from Kingsland Fire Station which is one of 12 stations across the capital earmarked for closure under plans by the LFB to save £28.2million over the next two years.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years