Hoxton flat fire under investigation
- Credit: sub
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the blaze in Harvey Street at 3.20pm, and the fire was under control by 4.18pm.
Part of a fourth floor flat was damaged by fire on Tuesday.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers attended the scene from Kingsland, Shoreditch, and Islington fire stations.
Harvey Street is situated less than 1,000m from Kingsland Fire Station which is one of 12 stations across the capital earmarked for closure under plans by the LFB to save £28.2million over the next two years.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities