Hoxton flat fire under investigation
- Credit: sub
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the blaze in Harvey Street at 3.20pm, and the fire was under control by 4.18pm.
Part of a fourth floor flat was damaged by fire on Tuesday.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers attended the scene from Kingsland, Shoreditch, and Islington fire stations.
Harvey Street is situated less than 1,000m from Kingsland Fire Station which is one of 12 stations across the capital earmarked for closure under plans by the LFB to save £28.2million over the next two years.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'