Hoxton flats death: Tributes paid to ‘lovely young man’ Greg Peake, 26
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to the “lovely young man” found dead at a block of flats in Hoxton on Sunday afternoon.
Police found Greg Peake, 26, lying unresponsive in the Cranston Estate where he lived just after 12.40pm.
A murder investigation has been launched and a 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
The former journalism student’s cause of death has yet to be confirmed and a post-mortem was inconclusive, but Scotland Yard said he had not been shot or stabbed.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Olsen of Olsen Metrix gave Greg his first job in marketing when he arrived in Leicestershire from South Africa three years ago, and told the Gazette staff who knew him were shocked by the news. “We introduced him to the local community and helped him out when he arrived,” said an emotional Richard. “He was a lovely young man with a good future. My wife is in pieces.”
Rhodes University in South Africa has also paid tribute to Greg, a former journalism student. A spokesman said: “Greg did the new media course in fourth year as specialisation and was the recipient of the IT Web busary. He went on to work for IT Web in 2013 before heading back to the United Kingdom where his family resides. Our condolences and thoughts go out to the family and friends.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift