Hoxton flats death: Tributes paid to ‘lovely young man’ Greg Peake, 26
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to the “lovely young man” found dead at a block of flats in Hoxton on Sunday afternoon.
Police found Greg Peake, 26, lying unresponsive in the Cranston Estate where he lived just after 12.40pm.
A murder investigation has been launched and a 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
The former journalism student’s cause of death has yet to be confirmed and a post-mortem was inconclusive, but Scotland Yard said he had not been shot or stabbed.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Olsen of Olsen Metrix gave Greg his first job in marketing when he arrived in Leicestershire from South Africa three years ago, and told the Gazette staff who knew him were shocked by the news. “We introduced him to the local community and helped him out when he arrived,” said an emotional Richard. “He was a lovely young man with a good future. My wife is in pieces.”
Rhodes University in South Africa has also paid tribute to Greg, a former journalism student. A spokesman said: “Greg did the new media course in fourth year as specialisation and was the recipient of the IT Web busary. He went on to work for IT Web in 2013 before heading back to the United Kingdom where his family resides. Our condolences and thoughts go out to the family and friends.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction