Hoxton flats death: Tributes paid to ‘lovely young man’ Greg Peake, 26
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to the “lovely young man” found dead at a block of flats in Hoxton on Sunday afternoon.
Police found Greg Peake, 26, lying unresponsive in the Cranston Estate where he lived just after 12.40pm.
A murder investigation has been launched and a 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
The former journalism student’s cause of death has yet to be confirmed and a post-mortem was inconclusive, but Scotland Yard said he had not been shot or stabbed.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed until June.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Olsen of Olsen Metrix gave Greg his first job in marketing when he arrived in Leicestershire from South Africa three years ago, and told the Gazette staff who knew him were shocked by the news. “We introduced him to the local community and helped him out when he arrived,” said an emotional Richard. “He was a lovely young man with a good future. My wife is in pieces.”
Rhodes University in South Africa has also paid tribute to Greg, a former journalism student. A spokesman said: “Greg did the new media course in fourth year as specialisation and was the recipient of the IT Web busary. He went on to work for IT Web in 2013 before heading back to the United Kingdom where his family resides. Our condolences and thoughts go out to the family and friends.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared