Hoxton pizza joint faces battle for 4am licence after neighbours complain it’s been opening that late illegally ‘for years’
- Credit: Archant
Police say they have “huge concerns” about a pizza joint’s plans to open until 4am at weekends.
Best American Pizza in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, has been accused of staying open past its official 2am closing time “for years” and neighbours regularly complain about noise, litter and anti-social behaviour outside their front doors.
The owners therefore face an uphill battle to have the application approved when it goes before councillors on Thursday next week.
“This premises already has a licence until 2am,” said police. “Although having researched the internet, Google, Hungry House and Just Eat all advertise this premises as being open and available for deliveries until 4am at weekends.”
The town hall’s licensing officers have also objected to the application, as have a host of neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
One wrote in an objection in November: “As of last Saturday they were still open at 5am and I have no idea when they actually closed.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses