Hoxton pizza joint faces battle for 4am licence after neighbours complain it’s been opening that late illegally ‘for years’
- Credit: Archant
Police say they have “huge concerns” about a pizza joint’s plans to open until 4am at weekends.
Best American Pizza in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, has been accused of staying open past its official 2am closing time “for years” and neighbours regularly complain about noise, litter and anti-social behaviour outside their front doors.
The owners therefore face an uphill battle to have the application approved when it goes before councillors on Thursday next week.
“This premises already has a licence until 2am,” said police. “Although having researched the internet, Google, Hungry House and Just Eat all advertise this premises as being open and available for deliveries until 4am at weekends.”
The town hall’s licensing officers have also objected to the application, as have a host of neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
One wrote in an objection in November: “As of last Saturday they were still open at 5am and I have no idea when they actually closed.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney