Hoxton pizza joint faces battle for 4am licence after neighbours complain it’s been opening that late illegally ‘for years’
- Credit: Archant
Police say they have “huge concerns” about a pizza joint’s plans to open until 4am at weekends.
Best American Pizza in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, has been accused of staying open past its official 2am closing time “for years” and neighbours regularly complain about noise, litter and anti-social behaviour outside their front doors.
The owners therefore face an uphill battle to have the application approved when it goes before councillors on Thursday next week.
“This premises already has a licence until 2am,” said police. “Although having researched the internet, Google, Hungry House and Just Eat all advertise this premises as being open and available for deliveries until 4am at weekends.”
The town hall’s licensing officers have also objected to the application, as have a host of neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
One wrote in an objection in November: “As of last Saturday they were still open at 5am and I have no idea when they actually closed.”
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Thousands of Hackney's most vulnerable remain unvaccinated as Delta variant cases rise
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing